- Question papers for all programmes are being set by external examiners (outside Madurai District)
- Single valuation for all UG programmes by external examiners
- Double valuation for all PG programmes, one by internal examiner and another by external examiner
- Papers with deviation of marks beyond the prescribed limit will be sent for third valuation by external examiner
- Evaluation of practical examinations is made jointly by one internal and one external examiner
- M.Phil dissertations are evaluated by two external examiners, one within Madurai and another outside Madurai. Viva Voce examination is conducted jointly by one external and one internal examiner
- Moderation: only one mark is awarded if a student fails by one mark in the summative examinations
- Allotment of internal and external marks (2008 Batch onwards)
* for batches from 2008 to 2010; # for batches from 2011
- Students can apply for photocopy of answer scripts, re-totaling and revaluation.
- Once the student leaves the college after completing the course and has arrears to clear he/she is considered a Private Candidate. They can write the paper with the same syllabus they have studied for only 3 subsequent semesters irrespective of their appearance for the examination. If they fail to do so, they shall re-register their names and take the examination in the texts/revised regulations/syllabus of the paper prescribed for the subsequent batch of candidates, in force at the time of their reappearance. In the event of removal of that paper consequent to change of regulation and/or curriculum after 3 semester period, the candidate shall have to take up an equivalent paper in the revised syllabus as suggested by the Chairman, Board of Studies concerned.