- Question papers for all programmes are being set by external examiners (outside Madurai District)
- Single valuation for all UG programmes by external examiners
- Double valuation for all PG programmes, one by internal examiner and another by external examiner
- Papers with deviation of marks beyond the prescribed limit will be sent for third valuation by external examiner
- Evaluation of practical examinations is made jointly by one internal and one external examiner
- M.Phil dissertations are evaluated by two external examiners, one within Madurai and another outside Madurai. Viva Voce examination is conducted jointly by one external and one internal examiner
- Moderation: only one mark is awarded if a student fails by one mark in the summative examinations
- Allotment of internal and external marks (2008 Batch onwards)
* for batches from 2008 to 2010; # for batches from 2011
- Students can apply for photocopy of answer scripts, re-totaling and revaluation.
- Once the student leaves the college after completing the course and has arrears to clear he/she is considered a Private Candidate. He/She can write the paper with the same syllabus he/she is alloted for only 3 subsequent semesters irrespective of his/her appearance for the examination. If he/she fails to do so, he/she shall re-register his/her name and take the examination in the texts/revised regulations/syllabus of the paper prescribed for the subsequent batch of candidates, in force at the time of his/her reappearance. In the event of the removal of that paper consequent to change of regulation and/or curriculum after 3 semester period, the candidate shall have to take up an equivalent paper in the revised syllabus as suggested by the Chairman, Board of Studies concerned.